Statement of Compliance
From 25 May 2018 the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) impacts each and every organisation that holds or processes personal data. (This includes the United Kingdom regardless of its decision to leave the EU) It introduces new responsibilities, including the need to demonstrate compliance, more stringent enforcement and a significant increase in penalties compared to the current Data Protection Act (DPA) that it will supersede.
Individuals will now have a greater say over how, why, where and when their personal data is gathered, processed and disposed of. Any organisation that works with EU residents’ personal data in any manner, irrespective of location, has obligations to protect the data. We hold and process personal information supplied by our clients, staff and suppliers and we are legally obliged to protect that information.
Defender Upgrades Limited has always demonstrated our commitment to the security of our customers Data by adhering to UK Data Protection policy, and have updated our policies in order to meet the requirements of the EU GDPR.
We only collect personal data needed in order for us to maintain a working relationship with clients, suppliers and staff.
This consists of the following information:
First name, surname, address, postcode, email address, landline, mobile number and IP address.
- When adding a record to our database we confirm at the point of data collection that you are happy for us to retain your data
- We only hold as much data needed to maintain our relationship
- Data is only held for as long as it is needed
- Any information we hold on an individual can be requested by that individual
- All data is stored within a GDPR compliant database on a secure SSL encrypted server
- Our premises is clearly signed that we are GDPR compliant and that CCTV images are being recorded and stored
- We endeavour to keep retained data relevant and up to date and may contact you for this purpose
- Data is never shared with third parties for sales or marketing
If you are an ongoing client, we will use your contact details for the following purposes:
- Customer support and account management
- Communication regarding an ongoing repair or upgrade status
- Order processing and billing
- Maintaining our company accounts and records
Marketing and Communications
We may contact you from time to time in order to provide you with information about products and services that you may find of interest. All marketing emails that we send to you will follow the email guidelines below. Only customers who have agreed to receive marketing messages will receive them.
We adhere to the following guidelines in relation to our email communications:
- Emails will clearly identify Defender Upgrades as the sender
- Emails sent for marketing purposes always include an option to unsubscribe from future email messages
- You cannot unsubscribe from emails regarding invoicing or ongoing support subscriptions
Our website uses Basic Cookies in order to save your preferences for return visits. We also use Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
To request information regarding your personal data or if you think the data we are holding on you is incorrect, please contact email@example.com